Welcome to canadaba.ca's message boards

MemberlistMemberlist  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Update: - Had my second fill!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.canadaba.ca Forum Index -> Breast cancer/reconstruction support section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marilyn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Update: - Had my second fill!! Reply with quote

Hi to all - had my second fill yesterday. 40cc's & no problems or discomfort in any way.
My PS - said that maybe three more fills & he will schedule surgery - Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! Oh happy day.Really anxious to get going with all of this.
How is it going for you Terri & also Linda.
Will keep you posted,
Marilyn Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
terri1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Marilyn--you sound great! I'm glad things are going so well for you Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Soon your surgery will be behind you.

As for me, I am enjoying my new boobies. I went to La Senza and went nuts buying bras (there were so many pretty colours and patterns). It was really nice to have some options. I'm having fun showing a little cleavage since it's summer and all and I have nothing but positive things to say so far with my surgery. It will be 5 weeks tomorrow and they aren't sore anymore. A little nipple sensitivity but it is getting better. They feel like mine!

I am set for nipple reconstruction in September and the final tattooing in December. I wasn't going to do it right away but the surgeon was willing and I trust him so I thought "hey, let's go for it!"

Keep us posted. Hope you are enjoying your summer! It's so hot here--but I won't complain. I love sunny weather!
Marilyn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Terri - I was beginning to wonder if everybody had left town. I felt so deserted in my happiness of having this procedure done.Yes - I would imagine buying pretty bras that you can fit into must be a great experience - I can hardly wait. My daughter gave me a card that read - this card entitles you to a beautiful new bra !! - she has been such a support for me -
Next fill coming up on Tuesday - I wanted to ask you if there was a fitting process where you decided how big you wanted to be. I guess I will learn more next week.
So happy that you are pleased with the outcome - I sure hope mine goes as welll.
Take care & Please keep in touch - we gals have a lot in common - which I don't think other people would understand.Hugs,
Marilyn Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ashlee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow marilyn,you are getting closer and closer to being done!
hope everything is well with you and i look forward to hearing about how it all pans out ,sounds like you have a great daughter supporting you Wink
pre ba-34B post ba-36 DDD
mentor siltex cohesive silicone/textured/MP/round/450cc/overs/benelli lift/implant through areola
and tummytuck
Dr.Singh
http://groups.msn.com/Ashleesprogression

Marilyn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ashlee: I have been thinking about your Mother - has she seen someone yet??? I will drop her a line.
Thanks for the encouragement -
will keep all posted.
Marilyn
terri1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Marilyn! Size is a tough issue. My doctor didn't use sizers. But the difference between us and ladies getting breast augmentation is that since we go through the filling process we can get some idea of size. As you know, an expander will not have the same shape as the implant but it will give you some idea of where you want to be. I ended up buying those gel inserts from La Senza (about $50.00) and a bra that I thought I wanted to fit into and wore that for a while to get used to it and to see what size would make me feel comfortable. Walmart has lots of cheap bras that are shaped (if you know what I mean) where you can get the effect of a shape even without having any.

What was interesting for me is that my plastic surgeon kept recommending to me that I go bigger because in his experience most women have size issues after surgery. But I argued with him that breast reconstruction was a different issue as the only thing I truly wanted was to restore my body image and be "normal". Interestingly, he came around to agreeing with me on size. And, after realizing how tiny I am I was somewhat limited to the size of implant (narrow chest) anyhow. It was a choice between 325 and 350 cc and I went with the lesser amount as he said that 350 cc might come out the side and ride higher on my chest than I would like. He said that some women don't care about that--they just want bigger. I wanted more natural looking and hubby was concerned that I would look out of proportion as I'm a very small person.

Anyway, I look in proportion and someone who didn't know me would never guess I've have implants. They are very natural looking and Marilyn you are going to love it because you can wear anything low cut and swim suits and you look perfectly normal. Yay! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Take care and let us know how your next fill goes!
Marilyn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again Terri
Thanks so much for the info you provided - it gives me some questions I will ask my PS on Tuesday. I really appreciate the time you take to answer my concerns -
Will let you know how it goes on Tuesday.
Thanks again
Marilyn Very Happy
linda

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Marilyn,
Wow - you sound so happy that it radiates thru the computer screen Very Happy
That is great! I'm thrilled that you're thrilled.
Sorry I've been away from both the car accident and then I was on holidays.

I've been trying to see Dr. Rice but his darn office only returned one of my calls and just left the message on my answering machine. They just said........."It's Dr. Rice's office returning your call" and hung up!!!!! You may be impressed with Dr. Rice but I'm sure not a fan of his office staff! Evil or Very Mad

Let us know how your next fill goes...........you're getting so close now!
Left Breast - 375 Cohesive Round Mentor
Right Breast - 225 Cohesive Round Mentor
BA date: Monday, October 20, 2003

Dr. Bendago
#6 in the silicone photo gallery
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.canadaba.ca Forum Index -> Breast cancer/reconstruction support section All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: