Welcome to canadaba.ca's message boards

MemberlistMemberlist  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

At last I have my new boobs!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.canadaba.ca Forum Index -> Breast cancer/reconstruction support section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marilyn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: At last I have my new boobs!!!! Reply with quote

Hi to all - just wanted to let everyone know that I was operated on today at noon & by three o'clock was back home having coffee & toast.
Feel a bit uncomfortable - but I have tylenol 3 & some antibotics to take so I'm all set.
My PS told me that the skin on the expander side was paper thin - & that he could not have given me a bigger size - even if I wanted to be bigger.
I'm very happy with the outcome - expecially since I have never been that big (I'm an ex ballet dancer) Going to go out & splurge on some beautiful new bras - without any padding!! Whoppppeeeeeeeeee
I would like to thank everyone on the site who has been such a help & friend to me - as I was very apprehensive about the whole thing. But - I can safely say - I am so glad I went ahead & did this.
Another important factor & this is very important - get yourself a good PS & you won't have anything to worry about. Oh - I know complications can arise - but another thing I know is that my PS will take care of anything that is a problem in the future.
Of course I am talking about Dr. Sean Rice - who is listed on this site -
He is a very friendly & considerate person & I would recommend him to anyone that is thinking of having breast reconstruction in the Toronto area.
Want to wish everyone on the site a very Merry Xmas & all the best in the coming New Year.
Thanks to all,
Love - Marilyn Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
VIC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to hear that everything went well for you and you are in great spirits,Marilyn! Congratulations and enjoy your new boobs!!!

Wish you health and happiness!
Laughing

pre BA :34AA post:34B/small C
300cc overfilled to 325/unders/saline/nipple
BA: 27 July 04 Dr.Levine (40 yrs old)
smurph20

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so glad to hear that everything went well. Congrats on your new boobies. Get lots of rest and enjoy your new boobies.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Marilyn Very Happy
sunset78

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally. CONGRATS!!!! Glad that you are so happy. Smile
Correction of bottoming out and nipple relocation - Jan. 17/03
Scar revision - May 12/05
PS: Dr. Leif Sigurdson located in the QEII
sue

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. Smile
Smooth Round Silicone
Styles 15 & 10/Over/Areola
Right 339cc / Left 150cc
My progression: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/suesba/
laurak

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, I am so glad the surgery went well and you are pleased with the results.

Gentle hugs
Saline unders, 400 & 420 (34DD)
Mini tummy tuck
Sugery date 24 March 2005
Dr. Benchetrit
Marilyn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Thanks for the replies!! Reply with quote

Hi to all again Very Happy Still feeling a bit sore - but I can tell you it's well worth it.
Thanks again for the replies back - but where are you Linda??
Still haven't heard back as to how your appt. with Dr. Rice went.
Again - all the best for this New year - health mostly - happiness is a good second & lots of prosperity for us all!!
Warm wished to all,
Marilyn Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
linda

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marilyn - my friend.............

I'm thrilled for you and I really mean THRILLED for you!

A friend of mine is undergoing exactly what you had done with Dr. Rice and I'm going to have a re-do with Dr. Rice as well!

He is amazing........he did say though I'm going to be a bit complicated because one scar on my breast is sooooooooo thin, he can see the implant! I have so much trust in him, he really explained all the ups and downs that could happen. I'm just waiting for him to get the "approval" from OHIP for the surgery. I am however, switching manufacturing implants which I will be financially responsible for. But that's OK.

Sorry I've been absent...........my teenage son is putting me through double H*LL. Wow, where do these kids get that they can talk to their parent with such disrespect?

aghhhhhhhhhhhhhh! This is NOT supposed to be about me!

MARILYN - you ROCK. I hope every day brings you closer and closer to recovery and happiness!

Linda
Left Breast - 375 Cohesive Round Mentor
Right Breast - 225 Cohesive Round Mentor
BA date: Monday, October 20, 2003

Dr. Bendago
#6 in the silicone photo gallery
Marilyn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again Linda - I'm so happy everything worked out well with Dr. Rice.
I knew you would like him - everybody does - even the nurses at the hospital were telling me what a great guy he is!!
So sorry to hear that your son in giving you a hard time - but unfortunately today teenagers can almost put you into a mental home Rolling Eyes
I don't look nearly as endowed as most of you on this site - but I am very happy with the results & as Dr. Rice explained (& I trust him) there would have been no way I could have gone bigger.
Still feeling a bit sore - not on the mastectomy side - it's the other side that is still hurting - I see Dr. Rice this Thursday -
Take care boob friend - & keep in touch - I was beginning to think you were out of the country!!
Love - Marilyn Smile Smile Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.canadaba.ca Forum Index -> Breast cancer/reconstruction support section All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: