Welcome to canadaba.ca's message boards

MemberlistMemberlist  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Dr. Michael Kreidstein, Toronto

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.canadaba.ca Forum Index -> Patient recommendations for Dr. Michael Kreidstein, Toronto, Ontario
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aleisha Aziz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: Dr. Michael Kreidstein, Toronto Reply with quote

Approximately 10 years ago I had breast augmentation surgery with Dr. Michael Bederman, who sadly passed away a few years ago.

Earlier this year, I noticed that my left breast was becoming harder and there was some pain. Within a few months, it was rock hard! I started random calling and e-mailing numerous cosmetic surgeons within the Toronto area with my concerns. I explained that my original doctor had passed away. Most responded that they were not willing to do the surgery due to liability reasons (I work in the legal field and can understand this). I knew that the Ministry of Health (OHIP) would cover the cost of removal of the implant due to the capsular contracture (medically related -hardening of the breast due to scar tissue ? did my research!!). But they would not pay for the replacement. Again, many doctors were not willing to take this into account and wanted to charge the full price of having to redo them ($5500-$7000).

I then had a response from Dr. Michael Kreidstein. He not only quoted me an approximate price in an e-mail (most doctors do not do this ? they want you in so they can charge you that consult fee!), but he was willing to schedule an appointment.

I met with him. What I first noticed was all his credentials! As we started to talk, I immediately started to feel comfortable. He was very straight forward (not telling me what I wanted to hear - but giving me his professional opinion), his honestly, his knowledge and his obvious expertise. I had done my research and had MANY questions and I am the first to admit that I can be difficult.

He had a surgery date available, but it was too far off. So I decided to look for someone else who could perform the surgery earlier. BIG MISTAKE. Despite a booked surgery date, and two appointments with the ?new? doctor (traveling to and from Woodbridge!)? I never felt as comfortable as I did with Dr. Kreidstein. Despite my numerous e-mails to him, he would always respond promptly. He was never pushy. The decisions were always up to me. A week before my scheduled appointment with the ?new? doctor, I called and cancelled. Sonething in my gut was not right. I just did not feel comfortable. I called Dr. Kreidstein right away and scheduled my surgery date.

The day of my operation, as I lay waiting - nervous - I cannot express how happy I was when he popped his head in to speak with me before surgery to deal with concerns and to answer questions. What also impressed me was he was actually early for the surgery.

After surgery, as I came to?I heard him say that he had spent almost 4 ? hour working on the capsular contracture! The operation usually takes about an hour. He had surgeries booked after me, which he had to cancel! I saw him for my follow-up appointment a week later?and a week after that?I am EXTREMELY happy with the results. While I am not out of the woods yet (since there is a higher chance of the capsular contracture returning), I am very happy with the results! My breasts look very natural!!!

I would highly recommend Dr. Kreidstein for many reasons?his professionalism, his lack of arrogance, his credentials, the fact that he was not pushy, and my overall satisfaction with the work he did. Very Happy
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To view Dr. Kreidstein's profile please go to
http://www.canadaba.ca/findsurgeon/kreidstein.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.canadaba.ca Forum Index -> Patient recommendations for Dr. Michael Kreidstein, Toronto, Ontario All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: