Welcome to canadaba.ca's message boards

MemberlistMemberlist  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Dr. Kimit RAI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.canadaba.ca Forum Index -> Patient recommendations for Dr. Kimit Rai, Vancouver, BC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
annabella

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Dr. Kimit RAI Reply with quote

I decided to have a breast augmentation after two pregnancies and long periods breastfeeding. I had lost volume, perkiness and size...and I absolutely HATED the way my breasts had become.

I saw 3 plastic surgeons before I met the wonderful Dr. Rai.

From our very first meeting, he put me at ease, answered all my questions, never rushed me, and never pushed me into booking a date.

He showed me all the different implants (salines, silicones), different sizes, and let me hold them. He told me what he thought would be best for my body. I left the office very happy and confident I had found the right surgeon.

I decided to save up cash for the surgery...and a full year later, I saw Dr. Rai again...he remembered me, and treated me just as warmly.
I booked and had my surgery done early on a Sunday morning on October 22, 2006.

I arrived at The False Creek Surgical Center at 6 am...with two tired children! Dr Rai told them mommy was going to "the spa", got me in a warm terry robe, and downloaded some Disney coloring pages from the computer for them while they waited for me to go in.

He is not only an excellent surgeon, he is also a wonderful human being. He is super easy to talk to, which was very important to me. I was never uncomfortable during this experience. I could joke with him (and I still do when I see him), and he is very accessible to all of his patients. He is always available for calls, or gets back to me quickly. Every email I had was answererd the same day.

He also does a great deal of charity work for "Operation Smile" every year, travelling to third world countries and performing thousands of surgeries for free.
He has what I would describe as a wonderful bedside manner.

The day of my surgery, he explained everything to me again, did his drawings on me, took some final pictures, and then I spoke to the anesthetist, who weighed me, asked me again about my medical history, and then I saw the nurse.

Finally I walked into surgery! I don't even remember going to sleep, I was just chatting with everyone..and then I woke up, with a tight bra on. It was about an hour and a bit later. I felt no pain, just a lot of pressure. No nausea either, as I was worried about that beforehand, and the anesthetist said he'd put some drugs in my IV for that.

The nurse let me doze off for a bit under warmed blankets, gave me some more drugs, and then Dr. Rai came in to tell me how it all went. He told me the size he had went with, since I left that up to him to decide during the surgery. I was wheeled outside downstairs by the nurse, and given Dr. Rai's pager in case I needed it.

I saw him 5 days later, and several times after that...and each visit was with him, not the nurse, and he always gave me a lot of time to chat/ask questions. I have seen him several times in the past seven months. He really likes to keep track of his patients.

I have had no complications, and the surgery was a breeze (I was home with new breasts at 10;30 am!). I had a week of "painful" recovery, and then was back at work. I was able to take care of my two young children right away.

I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Rai and his entire staff. The surgical center is a gorgeous facility, truly state of the art. I knew I was in excellent hands.

My results are more than I could have ever hoped for, and Dr. Rai gave me the exact perfect size (even though before the surgery I was thinking he was recommending too big). My breastst look and feel incredibly natural.

I have absolutely no regrets, and I am very happy with all aspects of my breast augmentation experience.
-mommy to two school age kiddies and a new baby, and yes I am able to breastfeed with implants
-Breastfed for total of three years prior to my ba, and am breastfeeding again now
-Pre-BA:deflated,sad 34B -Size now:36D/34DD
-400cc round, smooth silicone gels, McGhan high profile style 20, under the muscle, areola incision
http://www.makemeheal.com/pictures/viewAlbum.php?albumid=1985
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To view Dr. Rai's profile please go to
http://www.canadaba.ca/findsurgeon/rai.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.canadaba.ca Forum Index -> Patient recommendations for Dr. Kimit Rai, Vancouver, BC All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: