Welcome to canadaba.ca's message boards

MemberlistMemberlist  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

2 fills so far

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.canadaba.ca Forum Index -> Breast cancer/reconstruction support section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BernieV

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:15 am    Post subject: 2 fills so far Reply with quote

Hello Linda and all!

I have had two fill-ups in June and a third one scheduled for this week. So far it has been ok. The nurse told me that as the skin stretches and the exander increases, I may experience some discomfort. I am happy that I started the process. I put cotton in my bra to balance out. Not wearing the prosthesis. So far it is good. I am sure as it gets larger, I will have to be more creative to remain balanced.

Take care everyone!

Bernie
JNathalie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad that this process is going okay for you. Take care ((hugs))
linda

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bernie,
That's wonderful news Very Happy to hear that everything is going so well.

Trust me - creativity will become your second name Laughing , my reconstructed breast is like a 20 year old and my other side is hanging low after 2 1/2 times that many years!

I really have to pay attention to what I wear or you can really see the difference. I used to just look straight into the mirror and everything looked fine, then quite by accident when I was trying on bathing suits in a department store I was in a three way mirror dressing room. It's then when I saw my reflection off the side mirror I realized the difference. Holy cow it shocked me! But I now know what type of top works for me and "tricks" the eye. If I'm wearing a bra then I just tighten up the strap on ole saggy Laughing , it's when I get into halter/summer tops and bathing suits that I have to be careful.

Still beats the heck out of wearing a prothesis for MYSELF personally.

How many fills do you think you have to have done?

Linda
Left Breast - 375 Cohesive Round Mentor
Right Breast - 225 Cohesive Round Mentor
BA date: Monday, October 20, 2003

Dr. Bendago
#6 in the silicone photo gallery
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.canadaba.ca Forum Index -> Breast cancer/reconstruction support section All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: