Welcome to canadaba.ca's message boards

MemberlistMemberlist  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Immediate Reconstruction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.canadaba.ca Forum Index -> Breast cancer/reconstruction support section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
murphysunshine

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:40 am    Post subject: Immediate Reconstruction Reply with quote

I have recently been diagnosed with BC. I am having chemo first due to the size of the tumor and surgery to follow. I have cancer in the left breast and precancer cells in the right. Surgeon says mastecomy to the left and lumpectomy and radiation of the right once chemo is finished. I am considering a double mastectomy and reconstruction. I am only 47 and would prefer immediate reconstuction as I feel that dealing with the mastecomy will be very difficult emotionally. I am looking for information as to what conditions allow this to be possible and the pros and cons of immediate vrs waiting. Does anyone know or can refer me to some good sites? Thank you.
jewels

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have information for you--just wanted to say that I'll be thinking of you in the months to come. I applaud your proactive spirit in thinking ahead and focusing on what you can do to heal and feel better. It's inspiring to me!

I hope you find an amazing PS in your area who will give you fantastic results.

Keep us posted! Smile Very Happy
Surgery date Aug 18/10
360 CC's HP, saline, under, areola
Dr. Hein
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.canadaba.ca Forum Index -> Breast cancer/reconstruction support section All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: