Welcome to canadaba.ca's message boards

MemberlistMemberlist  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Dr. Frank Lista can do what other surgeons don't dare to!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.canadaba.ca Forum Index -> Patient recommendations for Dr. Frank Lista, Mississauga, Ontario
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Olive

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Dr. Frank Lista can do what other surgeons don't dare to! Reply with quote

I know it's stressful picking out a surgeon, but there are a few things to consider. These are a few reasons why I chose Dr. Lista:

- what province/country did the surgeon go to school and do his/her residency? Schools in the US may have different training and techniques but you want someone that was trained in the province they work because they are more familiar with regulations and have access to their colleagues an mentors in case of complications.

- how many BAs does the surgeon do in a year? Dr. Lista does AT LEAST 500. Almost all the surgeons on this site are great, but each have their own specialization. Some focus on the face and others in the body.

- determine what the surgeons specialties are. It is common to have more than one practice speciality. Ask various members of the staff and the surgeon. Also, look at their publications to see what topics they commonly authored.

- ascertain whether s/he has been regarded as a great BA surgeon by publications and other surgeons!!! When you go to consults don't be afraid to ask the surgeon to name who s/he thinks are the top 5 surgeons in your province. You will find that Dr. Lista is respected among other surgeons. Aldo ask thr staff because they talk with other staff. Aldo be wary of surgeons who say they are the best because there is more than one great BA surgeon.

- has the surgeon ever been the chief of plastic surgery at a hospital? Dr. Lista was at the Trillium Hospital is Missisauga.

- what percentage of they practice are BAs? This is different than how many because if someone performs say 300 BAs in a year, this may seem like alot, but they may perform 1000 surgeries in a year.

- determine whether the surgeon's clinic is licensed as a private health facility. If it's not you should find out why. Private clinics tend to be cleaner and exceed standards of a public hospital for insureds. Dr. Lista's clinic is a private hospital; plus it's beautiful. It is also located mintues from a public hospital.

- find out if the surgeon has or has had a mentee junior surgeons. Junior surgeons will want to train with the best. You can also ask the junior surgeon why they chose to work with that particular mentor. Dr. Lista is currently a mentor.

- determine whether the surgeon's anesthesiologist is board certified. Dr. Steeler of Dr. Lista's Plastic Surgery Clinic is board certified.

- if you know which incision site you prefer find out what preference the surgeon has. I wanted a tansax (armpit) for my BA and that is one method Dr. Lista prefers. A lot of surgeons will only perform a transax BA at a max of 300 or 350 cc for co-gel leaving you no option but saline. I got my 435cc gel through the armpit which wasn't even my 450cc max which he would have done through the armpit as well. I don't know of any other surgeons in Ont that will do that; I think there is one from BA it appears from the forums.

- what implant manufacturers cater to the surgeons? Go with the surgeon who offers both the top two implant companies - allergen and med- something (forgot the name).

- you MUST call the Royal College of Surgeons and Physicians (spelling?) of thr province the surgeon works in to find out whether any disciplinary action has been taken against him/her. Dr. Lista is free and clear of any issues but there are other surgeons who are and/or have been accused or terrible things - I know because I called.

There are a lot more other things but I've already written a novel
Cohesive Gel | Allergan | Transax l Unders l 435cc l Smooth l Round l Moderate Regular Profile
Dr. Frank Lista - he can do what no doc dares to

http://www.makemeheal.com/pictures/breast-augmentation-implants/twingurls-a14151
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To view Dr. Lista's profile please go to
http://www.canadaba.ca/findsurgeon/lista.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.canadaba.ca Forum Index -> Patient recommendations for Dr. Frank Lista, Mississauga, Ontario All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: