Welcome to canadaba.ca's message boards

MemberlistMemberlist  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Booked for November 28 with Dr. Wallman

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.canadaba.ca Forum Index -> Patient recommendations for Dr. Ron Wallman, Markham, Ontario
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rosie1976

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Booked for November 28 with Dr. Wallman Reply with quote

Deciding on a surgeon was like Goldyboobs and the 4 Bears! The first doctor was a creep (pushed for silicon - I really wanted saline); the second doctor was too expensive ($9000 for something everyone else quoted me $7000 for); the third was too far away (Mississauga - I'm in Markham); and (just like Dr. Who!) the fourth doctor was JUUUUST right! I'm SOOO glad I shopped around. I saved the best for last.

Dr. Wallman at the Boxgrove medical arts building in Markham (5 minutes from where I live) was casual, warm, friendly, not pushy, knowledgeable, and explained things patiently and thoroughly. He was perfectly willing to do saline for me (3 of the 4 doctors I saw said saline would be fine for me, so I feel confident in that decision despite the 1st dr being adament it would be the wrong choice for me). He was perfectly happy to do the crease incision for me (3 out of 4 drs agreed to that) and addressed my concern that I have a small cyst where the incision may go by examining the area and concluding that it shouldn't be a problem, and they could even take it out if it's really in the way. All doctors agreed we should go under the muscle. As for size, the general consensus (after trying on many samples in all 4 offices!) was 350 cc's, maybe a touch bigger since it's going under the muscle, which will take me from my current AA (can't fill up an A cup!) to a B/ small C.

Dr. Wallman also noticed something neither myself nor any of the other doctors noticed: that my nipples are pointed a bit asymmetrically and that he could even correct that (I'm assuming it's something that would be more noticeable once my boobs are big enough to cast shadows!).

One of my main concerns is loss of nipple sensation and he explained to me how the nerves come along the sides of the body, under the arms. He corroborated what another doctor said: that the risk of numbness increases with implant size since it stretches the nerves, but that I haven't chosen a size that would put me at much risk of that.

Dr. Wallman's assistant/office manager Sue was also so helpful. She even gave me a tour of their onsite operating and recovery rooms. I just had such a good feeling about the whole thing that I cancelled the appointment with my last remaining surgeon, put my $1000 down and booked the surgery date right then and there.

I'll let you know how the experience with Dr. Wallman plays out. Stay tuned...
Post-op: 36C or 36D
Left 390 cc's, Right 350 cc's, saline, unders, crease.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.canadaba.ca Forum Index -> Patient recommendations for Dr. Ron Wallman, Markham, Ontario All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: