Welcome to canadaba.ca's message boards

MemberlistMemberlist  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Dr Stan Valnicek -- Kelowna

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.canadaba.ca Forum Index -> Other BC Plastic Surgeon Recommendations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daisy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Dr Stan Valnicek -- Kelowna Reply with quote

My experience with Dr Valnicek from the Okanagan Plastic Surgery Centre was excellent! Wendy, his secretary, was able to accommodate my surgery date to when I knew I would have some time off, and the nurse co-ordinator, Patrice, was so friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable--I had an instant 'click' with her and she was great at helping me decide on the size of implants that would look natural on my frame.
Dr Valnicek was great--he answered all my questions and explained everything in a very detailed yet understandable way. He was open to my request to have cohesive gel implants used for my augmentation -- he uses this type of implant almost exclusively for nearly all the post-mastectomy reconstructions he does (as well as in thin patients requesting augmentation), so I was confident he could do a good job. I was able to view before and after photos at my initial consultation, as well as try on sizers; indeed, my first visit to his office took over 3 hours b/c I had so many questions and Dr Valnicek and Patrice were so understanding and patient...time flies when you're having fun try on sizers!
Dr Valnicek personally answered all my email questions re the surgery very promptly and on surgery day, I was very pleased with having my ba done by him as I felt confident he could give me what I desired. The nurses and anesthetist in the OR were great, and I had no complications with surgery or recovery. In fact, my recovery was twenty times smoother than what I had prepared myself for! Dr V specializes in adequate pain control following breast augmentation and I can tell you that I was very comfortable throughout the recovery period.
His new office is beautiful and immaculate. Everyone has a big smile on their face at this clinic and they don't make you wait at all in the lobby/waiting room!
I am nearly 6 weeks post-op and I can truly say that I am 110% satisfied with my ba from the skilled hands of Dr Valnicek. My crease incision scars are fading very quickly and it appears that he has stitched them beautifully (he also does microsurgery for hands--perhaps this is why the stitches look so tiny!). Dr V put in 2 different sizes and shaped implants (350 med profile in larger breast, 400 high profile in smaller breast) to remedy some major assymetry I had, and he has done a great job as the breast slopes look very similar now. I was an A on one side and maybe an AA on the other side pre-ba, but now I am at least a small or medium C cup--exactly what I had asked for!
I cannot sing the praises of this surgeon and his staff enough! They were fantastic! His policy on revisions and complications from surgery is excellent too--all is covered without additional fees (I have this in writing). The total cost of surgery was very reasonable too: total cost was $6,315 for the cohesive gel augmentation with Mentor breast implants, and the consulation app't was $107 I believe.
Any questions??? please pm me!

Here is a link to some background info about Dr V: (the facility's address has since changed but the rest is still accurate):
http://www.plasticsurgery.ca/drstanvalnicek.htm

Dr. Stan Valnicek, MD
his office number: 250-860-4554
email: valnicek@gocosmetic.com

daisy
________
Lamborghini concept s
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.canadaba.ca Forum Index -> Other BC Plastic Surgeon Recommendations All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: