Welcome to canadaba.ca's message boards

MemberlistMemberlist  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

looking for a Canadian microsurgeon for breast reconstructio

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.canadaba.ca Forum Index -> Breast cancer/reconstruction support section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shemaxi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:56 am    Post subject: looking for a Canadian microsurgeon for breast reconstructio Reply with quote

I had a masectomy in November 2003 and am ready to have breast reconstruction. I read about microsurgery on an American website that sounded interesting as it does not involve using the large abdominal muscle in the procedure. Does anyone know about this? I have looked and looked for microsurgeons here and so far no luck. Confused
linda

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shemaxi, Hi and welcome to this site. I guess you've read my story so you know what I've gone through and had done. I'm really glad to see another BC survivor post on this site, we can use all the support possible as reconstruction is quite different as you know.

Microsurgery? I'm sorry to say I have not heard of it. However, you would need a significant amount of abdominal tissue to reconstruct an entire breast. Microsurgery could be more for lumpdectomy patients. (?)Regardless, I am going to search the web and ask my surgeon about this.

Did you contact Dr. Brown on this site? He specializes in reconstruction and could probably help you.

Are you in the Toronto area?
PM me if you want. I'll try to help out in any way I can.
Linda

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Left Breast - 375 Cohesive Round Mentor
Right Breast - 225 Cohesive Round Mentor
BA date: Monday, October 20, 2003

Dr. Bendago
#6 in the silicone photo gallery
nicnac

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:49 am    Post subject: Dr. Clugston Reply with quote

Dr. Clugston in Vancouver does amazing work.
I don't know if she employs the technique you are talking about, but just do a Google search for her and you will find her office's contact information.

~Nicole
shemaxi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nicole,
Thanks for the response. I will check Dr. Clugston out.
Sheila
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.canadaba.ca Forum Index -> Breast cancer/reconstruction support section All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: