Welcome to canadaba.ca's message boards

MemberlistMemberlist  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

DIEP breast reconstruction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.canadaba.ca Forum Index -> Breast cancer/reconstruction support section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shemaxi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject: DIEP breast reconstruction Reply with quote

Hi all,
Has anyone had the DIEP reconstruction procedure after mastectomy? If so, where, with what plastic surgeon, and are you happy? I am becoming more and more convinced in my research that this is the way to go, however I am still open to implants but hate the idea of tissue expanders - mostly the waiting.
Advice and experience please!!
Sheila
linda

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sheila,
Sorry, but I have not heard of that procedure. I did get the implants and am very very happy with the results.

What is DEIP???
Left Breast - 375 Cohesive Round Mentor
Right Breast - 225 Cohesive Round Mentor
BA date: Monday, October 20, 2003

Dr. Bendago
#6 in the silicone photo gallery
cc

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did. I love my breasts. They look and feel so normal. I had bilateral skin-sparing mastectomies, prophylactic on the left. You can find some info on diep and things to look for when evaluating a plastic surgeon on this page:

www.truefacesofbreastcancer.org/diep.htm

Do a lot of research. This surgery is much better than the tram, as it does not remove any muscle. Just skin, fat and vessels. Take care of you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.canadaba.ca Forum Index -> Breast cancer/reconstruction support section All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: