Welcome to canadaba.ca's message boards

MemberlistMemberlist  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I'm off & running (maybe walking)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.canadaba.ca Forum Index -> Breast cancer/reconstruction support section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marilyn

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: I'm off & running (maybe walking) Reply with quote

Hi to all, Well I saw my PS yesterday & he is going to take care of all my needs Ha! Ha! There were so many questions I wanted to ask - but of course I just sat there like a bump on a log. This Doctor is very personable & I immediately felt at ease with him -
He will use cohesive gel implants & will do the other side - he is going to try & push - so as I don't have to pay for it - but he said they may insist that I pay for the implant itself (we shall see what happens!!)
That cost should be around $1,500.00 -
They will call me when the implants arrive - they have to be ordered & of course I forgot to ask how long that would be.
He also told me that the expanding of the skin - will go very slowly - as he does not like to rush this process because of the fact I had radiation.
So that's it Ladies - Now I'm all gun hoe to get going.
I've got a whole new adventure ahead - I hope I've made the right decision.
Love to all,
Marilyn Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Shelley

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you Marilyn! Very Happy You seem so excited!!! Congratulations on your decision! Very Happy Let us know how it goes.
Take care,
Shelley

34A~36C
Mentor Elite HP Cohesive Silicone Gel
400cc under/crease incision
Dr. Peter Young
linda

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Marilyn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sooooooo sorry Embarassed Embarassed I haven't been around at all lately. Actually I'm counselling two more women at work that have just been diagnosed Crying or Very sad I've also been doing a lot of shows for my B/C Awareness jewellery.

I'm really excited for you. How fabulous that it's all finally coming together. Ordering your "new look" shouldn't take too long, but I wonder why he didn't give you a surgery date Confused Any idea what size, how many CC's? I know, I know, I'm nosey Laughing

Oops - one more Question Who's your PS?
Left Breast - 375 Cohesive Round Mentor
Right Breast - 225 Cohesive Round Mentor
BA date: Monday, October 20, 2003

Dr. Bendago
#6 in the silicone photo gallery
Marilyn

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Linda - I was wondering where you were??? happy to hear from you at last. My Plastic Surgeon's name is Dr. Sean Rice. - he has a web site www.Doctorseanrice.com.
I will call next week to see how long it will be before he can make a date for my surgery for the expander - of course he has to order the cohesive gel implants - as for size - we didn't get to that - only that he goes very slowly when expanding the skin.
You sound like your a busy lady -
Please keep in touch - & as soon as I know something - I will post the news.
Getting antsy now - wanting to get going with all of this.
Love & a hug,
Marilyn Smile Smile Smile
annabella

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good luck Marilyn! you sound so excited!
hope everything goes smoothly for you.
-mommy to two school age kiddies and a new baby, and yes I am able to breastfeed with implants
-Breastfed for total of three years prior to my ba, and am breastfeeding again now
-Pre-BA:deflated,sad 34B -Size now:36D/34DD
-400cc round, smooth silicone gels, McGhan high profile style 20, under the muscle, areola incision
http://www.makemeheal.com/pictures/viewAlbum.php?albumid=1985
Marilyn

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Annabella - thanks for the good wishes - I am excited - but a little frightened - this is going to be a long haul - but I guess when it's finally over I will feel a lot better about myself that I do now.
so - you have not started with a consultation??? have you found a plastic Surgeon yet?? - Yours will be an easy solution - when your missing one - that's a bit more complicated.
Hope you get going soon - let us know all about it - it's so nice to share these anxieties, & know there are a lot of people going through all of this.
Keep me posted,
Love,
Marilyn Smile
annabella

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Marilyn. I had a consult with Dr. Ward, and I really liked him, and think I am going to go ahead with him...just have to pick a date. Everytime I do decide on a date, something comes up in my life...I have a feeling there is never the right time!!
I was never one to ever want breast implants in my life..but since breastfeeding two children for a very long time...well, now they look like they could belong in National Geographic!! I have granny boobies!!! Shocked

You have such a good, positive attitude. You must be happy to finally get things sorted out, so you can get on with your life.
My mom died of cancer in her early 60's...much too early in her life. I commend all you women here who keep on going, you are all very inspiring! Very Happy
-mommy to two school age kiddies and a new baby, and yes I am able to breastfeed with implants
-Breastfed for total of three years prior to my ba, and am breastfeeding again now
-Pre-BA:deflated,sad 34B -Size now:36D/34DD
-400cc round, smooth silicone gels, McGhan high profile style 20, under the muscle, areola incision
http://www.makemeheal.com/pictures/viewAlbum.php?albumid=1985
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.canadaba.ca Forum Index -> Breast cancer/reconstruction support section All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: