Welcome to canadaba.ca's message boards

MemberlistMemberlist  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Scary Links

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.canadaba.ca Forum Index -> Breast cancer/reconstruction support section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
linda

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Scary Links Reply with quote

Quote:
Hi again Linda - got an email from friends in France today - very concerned as to me going ahead with this procedure - especially with cohesive gel implants - they send me a link - (& I don't want to scare people about this - as I know everyone is different) but take a look & maybe someone can ease my fears a little.
Thanks to all - here is the link
http://www.breastimplantinfo.org/ & another one they sent
http://www.breastimplantssafety.org/

Hi Marilyn Very Happy
Since this is a new subject I thought I should start a new thread.
I could only open the first link. No doubt there were some extremely scary stories on that site, and it was obvious that all the stories were for women where surgery went wrong and needed to talk and/or vent about it. Remember that there are many many sites that talk about success.

I remember when I first found Canadaba. It was Sarah that thought it would be a good idea for us to have our own special place to discuss the fears, doubts, and success'.

This or ANY surgery is risky especially when you put a foreign object in your body. That is why you MUST LISTEN to your Doctor who SHOULD inform you of all the risks!

No one can decide for you sweetie. This is such a personal decision. I can't guarantee you anything. All I can do is tell you my story. Actually I'm looking into a moderate re-do to reduce the upper poleness on the reconstructed side.

You'll make the right decision for you - that I'm positive of. I know we get all hyped up reading all the different posts raving how "I love them!" - but never forget the reality.

(((big hugs)))
Left Breast - 375 Cohesive Round Mentor
Right Breast - 225 Cohesive Round Mentor
BA date: Monday, October 20, 2003

Dr. Bendago
#6 in the silicone photo gallery
ashlee

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems to me from reading those personal stories that these women all had the liquid silicone,but these days with the cohesive silicone,it can't leak,as it is not in a liquid state,the cohesives are a solid,so wouldn't we just disreggard all those stories since we have cohesive? i'd probably be more concerned if i had the liquidy silicone but i dont so i cant see my implants making me sick,kwim....marilyn you are getting cogel right? plus even for those with the liquidy silicone ,i dont think you need to worry so much,because i think its just by fluke that half these women have problems and just so happen to have silicone gel implants,i think sometimes they look to the implants to find something to blame getting sick on...i could be wrong but thats my opinion on it and i like to look at it that way.
Wink Wink Wink
pre ba-34B post ba-36 DDD
mentor siltex cohesive silicone/textured/MP/round/450cc/overs/benelli lift/implant through areola
and tummytuck
Dr.Singh
http://groups.msn.com/Ashleesprogression

Marilyn

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Linda & ashlee - thanks so much for the reply back - I agree - with all you have to say - I guess I didn't ask enough questions when having my consultation - but I know my PS said he only uses cohesive gel implants - as he thinks they are the best the market can offer.
I haven't changed my mind - no way - so now I sit & wait for the call of a surgery date for the expander to be put it.
ashlee - how's your mother doing - & has she had a consultation yet concerning her reconstruction.????
Thanks again to both of you - appreciate all the gals here - it does make everything so much easier to have someone to talk to - about your doubts & fears.
Till next time
Hugs to all,
Marilyn Smile Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.canadaba.ca Forum Index -> Breast cancer/reconstruction support section All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: