Welcome to canadaba.ca's message boards

MemberlistMemberlist  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I'm Done

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.canadaba.ca Forum Index -> Breast cancer/reconstruction support section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
terri1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: I'm Done Reply with quote

Hi guys, had my second stage reconstruction today and it was a piece of cake. Surgery was at 8, I was out by 12 and slept a bit. I'm a little uncomfortable but not bad at all.

As like many other girls here I wish I went a little bigger but I had a problem in that my chest was so narrow that he wasn't able to fit a large implant in me. If I had gone 350 cc it would have sat high on my chest and out to the side. I opted for 325 and a little smaller on the non-reconstruction side. There is a little upper poleness which I understand will settle when they drop but they look like natural breasts! I look very proportional. I had wanted to be a bit top heavy, just a bit, but for me if it was between looking natural or looking fake or strange I wanted natural. I went with an anatomical cohesives as the surgeon said this would be best for the reconstruction since there is literally nothing there. I already tried on some bikini tops and it looks awesome Very Happy It will be nice not to have to put those gel pads in my bra anymore.

I am resting at home until Tuesday and then we're going to our cottage on Mayne Island for 5 days to rest and relax. I'm so looking forward to it. It will be the first long stretch at our cabin and the ocean is so healing I think.

Marilyn, how did the appointment go with your surgeon? I'm getting really excited for YOU now!

Linda, are you feeling better?
ashlee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats terri,you sound happy,way to go!
Very Happy
pre ba-34B post ba-36 DDD
mentor siltex cohesive silicone/textured/MP/round/450cc/overs/benelli lift/implant through areola
and tummytuck
Dr.Singh
http://groups.msn.com/Ashleesprogression

Marilyn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Terri - I can't believe it went so smoothly - That is terrific - & that you are happy with the outcome. Was so surprised to see you posted today - I was at the jazz Festival - (my husband is a muscian) & was thinking of you most of the day.
Saw my PS yesterday - & he is going to wait another week before the first fill - but I still can't get over that you are all done !!!! I couldn't be happier for you - have a great rest at the cottage & keep in touch with us all to how you are doing.
I will do the same.
Congratulations - wish we were closer - this calls for a celebration!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Hugs - Marilyn[/b][/u]
Kathy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to see you did well on your surgery girlfriend!!

Rest up and have fun at the cottage.

Keep us posted on your progression.

5' 5"
Pre BA 34 AA
Post BA 36 C
Dr. Edelstein in Toronto
BA February 21st 2005
Mentor 375, Coh/gel, MP, smooth, round, under, crease
linda

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZOWEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - Great News Terri

I so glad it went so well and now I'm so jealous your resting at the cottage Very Happy Three more weeks and I'll be at my b/f's cottage - can't wait!

Isn't it great to have 'something' there???? And you can wear a bathing suit now, dive in the water and not have your own personal buoy floating to the top Laughing Laughing

Please keep us posted

PS: Thanks everyone for asking about my health. I'm back at work today and feeling soooooooo much better!

Marilyn: Sorry to hear you have to wait another week - but it's ONLY a week, keep positive!

Left Breast - 375 Cohesive Round Mentor
Right Breast - 225 Cohesive Round Mentor
BA date: Monday, October 20, 2003

Dr. Bendago
#6 in the silicone photo gallery
Canadian_Mojo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woohoo Congrats Terri!!
Keep us posted
BA June 13th 2005
Dr.Brown, 335, Inamed 410 MF, coh/gel, over, crease
Pre BA 36A (sometimes a B)
Post BA....dunno yet!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.canadaba.ca Forum Index -> Breast cancer/reconstruction support section All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: