Welcome to canadaba.ca's message boards

MemberlistMemberlist  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Dr. Shenker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.canadaba.ca Forum Index -> Patient recommendations for Dr. Robert L. Shenker, Waterloo, Ontario
View previous topic :: View next topic  
allnew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: Dr. Shenker Reply with quote

Fantastic Dr. His specialty is reconstruction of the breast for patients who have had a masectomy. So you can imagine how much pride he takes in his art. And how "easy" it is for him to take an already existing breast and just make it "better".

He's sweet, listens well, and has a FABULOUS nursing team who took excellent care of me after my surgery. The office he's at (on Albert Street) is the same place you'll have your surgery. And it's quiet, cozy (warm electric blankets for before and after the surgery) with an elevator to sneak you comfortably straight out the back door so you don't have to deal with any strangers the day of your surgery.

One note...you'll get very little in the way of communication from his office. The consultation meeting he'll listen well and offer suggestions. His staff will do the same, and at the "fitting" you may find that they're quite matter of fact about the whole thing. I was in and out after trying on only 3 sizers. Knew what he recommended, listened to their advice, picked my size and that was it. I called them with a question later and got an answer, but other than a reminder the day before the surgery I didn't hear a peep from them in the time between consultation and surgery. This board was great for answering a lot of questions because they didn't do a lot of handholding or give a lot of literature to get you ready for surgery. And after surgery there was very little instructions on what to do or not do (told me to go ahead and shower if I felt like it, but no need to massage, no special bra etc.) I'm more nervous and more determined to find out ALLL information to give myself the best possible outcome, but his office didn't really commmunicate a need to do ANYthing. That's great for some, odd for others...but in the end there wasn't really anything I needed to do. Just glad I had this board to give me some indication of what to expect.

He's a gem, his staff is excellent, and I'd recommend him happily.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To view Dr. Shenker's profile please go to
http://www.canadaba.ca/findsurgeon/shenker.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.canadaba.ca Forum Index -> Patient recommendations for Dr. Robert L. Shenker, Waterloo, Ontario All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: