Welcome to canadaba.ca's message boards

MemberlistMemberlist  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Dr. Rai is amazing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.canadaba.ca Forum Index -> Patient recommendations for Dr. Kimit Rai, Vancouver, BC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nightfall_bc

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject: Dr. Rai is amazing Reply with quote

Here's my day-of story:
I'm home and am feeling surprisingly great! I thought I would be pretty stoned and out of it, but I've been pretty with it since waking up in recovery. My only off moment was walking to a chair after getting dressed; I felt a bit nauseated but they gave me a gravol and it did the trick. Apparently there are 5 main "risk factors" for feeling sick afterwards and I ticked 3 of the boxes (female, young, and non-smoker) so it's not a huge shock.

My experience at False Creek Surgical Centre was amazing. After checking-in, hubs and I only waited for about 10-15 minutes before I was called in to start pre-op stuff. I went through standard questions with a nurse, then she left me a gown, hat, and booties to change into. The best part of getting changed is that I got a robe too! A super soft, fleece, warm like it just came out of the dryer robe. I was in a little private room with a TV, so I watched some HGTV in a robe just like I would have if I was at home.

Once I was checked, Dr. Rai came in to take a couple more photos and to mark me up. He confirmed what he was going to be doing, and that was that. He was nice and relaxed as normal, so I continued to stay at ease myself. Following Dr. Rai, the anaesthesiologist can in to go over any allergies and to explain how I would be put under.

Shortly after, a nurse came to take me to the operating room. This was at about noon, so I went in ahead of schedule. She hooked me up with a blood pressure cuff and IV before the anaesthesiologist came in. He explained that they were giving me something to relax me and I asked if this was the stuff that would make me sleep. He said nope, made a joke about needing to calm me due to past stress induced asthma, and the next thing I remember is waking up in the recover room lol

I wasn't groggy at all when I woke up. I napped a little just so I wouldn't be bored, but my brain wasn't cloudy or anything. The recovery room was really peaceful even though there were a couple other patients in there. I woke up just after 1:30 PM and at 3 PM they called hubs to come get me. I got dressed and walked to a chair, which is when I started feeling sick. They just reclined the chair, gave me a Gravol and I was feeling better in no time.

I got wheeled down to the car and a very polite man helped me get in and did up my seatbelt for me. We totally lucked out with traffic and made it home before 5 PM. Now, I'm just sitting on the couch, playing on my laptop, and hanging-out like any other day. I hope this keeps up!

6 + months later and I couldn't be happier with my choice of surgeon. The size is perfect, I've had no complications, and the girls are looking great Smile
Post BA: went with 325cc HP's, so we shall see!
Dr. Rai - Silicone, smooth, round, areolar incision
Surgery date: May 12, 2010
http://www.makemeheal.com/pictures/breast-augmentation-implants/cba-a11307
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To view Dr. Rai's profile please go to
http://www.canadaba.ca/findsurgeon/rai.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.canadaba.ca Forum Index -> Patient recommendations for Dr. Kimit Rai, Vancouver, BC All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: