Welcome to canadaba.ca's message boards

MemberlistMemberlist  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Dr. Gelfant - Vancouver, B.C.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.canadaba.ca Forum Index -> Patient recommendations for Dr. Benjamin Gelfant, Vancouver, BC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hartmaa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 3:36 am    Post subject: Dr. Gelfant - Vancouver, B.C. Reply with quote

I'm actually from Calgary AB, but am making the trip out to Vancouver to see Dr. Gelfant as I have heard good things about him here and elsewhere as well as knowing he has really extensive experience with the transax (armpit incision) method. I also was impressed by his credentials.

I haven't had my surgery yet, so I will let you know post April 20th, how he was 'in person' and how the actual surgery and follow up went...especially considering I'm an out of towner. Rolling Eyes

Sandra, the clinic administrator I believe, has been awsome. Very Happy She spent a LONG time with me on the phone, answered ALL my questions (I had about 50+) in friendly, specific and professional manner...and I was super impressed. She's definetely a major asset at the clinic, the kind of person you'd like to have with you in the surgical suite! Anyway, I was also impressed by the level of service and notes about how they would deal with any problems that arose. One other place I went to for a consultation here in Calgary was pretty much set on the idea that no matter what happended...(hematoma, major rupture, some sort of massive surgical error, would induce further charges) regardless. That didn't sound good to me. I am glad I'm making the decision to head out and get the best possible care to suit my needs. If the current experience continues, this will have been an amazing experience...

Update ~ I had my surgery and spent the entire week down in Vancouver at Granville Island for first few days and then we 'upgraded' to the Pan Pacific. My BA turned out FABULOUS and it was great to have no nipple or crease scar whatsoever. At this point all I have is a one centimeter incision in the crease of my armpit and that is all that is left of a fast fading scar from transax. No complications whatsoever and Dr. Gelfant has a fantastically low statistic level of complications and redos. I would say I'm 150% satisified and would say the experience of going out of Province was WELL worth it. If I had one regret, especially after ALL my research on the other aspects, it would be to have gone bigger. The sizers look a good 100 ccs bigger than the implant under the muscle. Had I thought that way in advance, I would have gone with at least 500ccs...

Oh the hindsight (and boobie greed). Otherwise, fantastic fantastic and couldn't be happier with the perfect results and great guarantee on his work. Thanks so much Dr. G! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Filled to 400ccs Transax, unders, Mentor-smooth round saline
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To view Dr. Gelfant's profile please go to
http://www.canadaba.ca/findsurgeon/gelfant.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.canadaba.ca Forum Index -> Patient recommendations for Dr. Benjamin Gelfant, Vancouver, BC All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: