Welcome to canadaba.ca's message boards

MemberlistMemberlist  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ouch!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.canadaba.ca Forum Index -> Breast cancer/reconstruction support section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
terri1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Ouch! Reply with quote

Hi everyone. Just an update on my fills. Yesterday I had my third fill and I was only able to handle 40cc (usual is 50) before I became really uncomfortable. I went home and was in extreme discomfort (8 out of 10 on the pain scale) for about 6 hours during which I kept downing more and more motrin and tylenol 3 to try and take the edge off. Crying or Very sad After 4 tylenols and 8 motrins (over six hours), the pain finally stopped. I was too scared for the pain to come back so I kept taking pain killers right until bed time. I woke up about 5 am and took a couple of Motrin and so far this morning I haven't had anything although it's starting to feel a little ouchy. I took today off work too.

I mentioned to the surgeon yesterday that second fill was more uncomfortable than the first and he said that it "was different every time." It's so weird because I'm not really a wimp when it comes to pain and he had told me I should be able to work through these fills. This last one was unbelievably painful. I would equate the pain to say stubbing your toe and then having that initial pain keep lasting for 6 hours. The only thing I can think of is that my skin has been stretched 3 x in 3 weeks and it is just too much. Luckily my surgeon is going away for two weeks so I won't have another fill until April 4th. Hopefully that will help because I am now scared to have a fill after yesterday.
Riyane

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you space your appointments further apart, so as to give your skin more time to stretch? or does your surgeon have other recommendations as to why they do them so close together? It does seem like a lot of stretching in 3 weeks. I mean, I know we all go through it at once, and for some it is also really painful that way, but mostly we get over it pretty quickly. It must be so hard on you physically and emotionally to have to go through it in stages like this with recurring pain due to fills.

You're very strong to be going through this, and I wish you all the comfort and best results you could ask for. Wink
December 6, 2004 - Dr. Mathew C. Mosher
Inamed 410 MX (anatomicals)
370g cohesive gel - unders - crease incision

http://www.makemeheal.com/pictures/viewAlbum.php?albumid=5425&password=progress (Now includes pregnancy & breastfeeding pics as of May 22/09)

linda

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Terri, I feel so bad for you Crying or Very sad

I never would have thought it would cause so much pain. I guess it's because there is so very little skin after a mastectomyand more scar tissue and we all know scar tissue doesn't like to stretch.

I'm also a little worried about all the meds your taking. I hope the pain subsides soon.

I'm also really glad you have a few weeks off before the next "fill". I would think that you do have the right to wait a little longer if you feel you need to. I don't know if there is a time-frame on fills, but surely an extra week or two would be ok.

Hang in sweetie, it will be over soon...............

((((((hugs)))))))
Left Breast - 375 Cohesive Round Mentor
Right Breast - 225 Cohesive Round Mentor
BA date: Monday, October 20, 2003

Dr. Bendago
#6 in the silicone photo gallery
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh terri that sound so painful, I really feel for you. hopefully taking some time off will get you ready again, and hopefully the next one wont be as bad if everyone is different. Are you feeling better today?
Marilyn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Terri
Was really surprised to hear you had so much pain - "Ouch!!" Sad Sad is right.
You maybe should let your PS know how you are suffering. Shocked
I feel for you - & hope you will be a bit more comfortable today.
I know that one of my friends had to postpone a fill for a three week period, because the skin was so tight & they were concerned because of the radiation on that skin.
As Linda says "Hang in there" - the end results will be well worth it !!
Let us know how you are doing -
Many hugs ,
Marilyn
terri1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone! Thanks for all your encouragement--you really are the best Very Happy I am much better today--like night and day. It's incredible how I felt so miserable and then just like that I'm better. Anyway, I will let my ps know that I was pretty uncomfortable the last time.
Marilyn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a difference a day makes Exclamation Happy to hear that you are feeling a lot better - Very Happy
Keep us posted
Hugs,
Marilyn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.canadaba.ca Forum Index -> Breast cancer/reconstruction support section All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: