Welcome to canadaba.ca's message boards

MemberlistMemberlist  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Are You Happy With Your Results?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.canadaba.ca Forum Index -> Breast cancer/reconstruction support section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
linda

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:10 am    Post subject: Are You Happy With Your Results? Reply with quote

I was just wondering for the woman who have already had reconstruction......how happy are you with the results?

Sometimes I'm really happy and then I look at the other girls on here and I get down because they look so perfect. I stilll have a lot of scars and have two large indentations on one breast. The reconstructed side is high and much harder and has a lot of upper poleness which I don't like Sad

I'm thinkkng about a re-do, but I think I'll research other PS's. Mine was good - but knowing what I know now, I think I'd like another opinion.

Even with that said I am SOOOOOO glad I did it! Very Happy What I have now is so much better than what I was left with after surgery. It's such a great feeling not having to stuff your bra and wearing a swim suit without a cover-up is heaven Very Happy Very Happy

I just wanted to know if anyone else felt the same. Do you get down, does anyone regret getting reconstruction? I'm sure my feelings are normal. The "afters" are never "perfect" and I guess it's a constant reminder of what we fought through so long and hard - BUT WE WON!

YAAAAAAAA US Very Happy Very Happy

Ok ok, am I a babbling idot Confused Laughing
Left Breast - 375 Cohesive Round Mentor
Right Breast - 225 Cohesive Round Mentor
BA date: Monday, October 20, 2003

Dr. Bendago
#6 in the silicone photo gallery
Marilyn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Linda - I can't believe you haven't heard from anyone !!
This has got me worried - surely of all the people on this site who have had breast reconstruction - one of them can answer you.
Hope I see some comments soon
Marilyn Confused Confused Confused
shady

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Linda I too feel the same as you do.... I sometimes like my results and other times dont especially when I see all the other girls on here lookin so hot! I have done my reconstruction twice and Im not sure if IM happy. I am scheduled to have the nipple done on June 14th and Im wondering ifI go there is it final and I can't ever make them bigger etc. at a later date.. I think if I call my ps and ask him that he will think Im totally nuts.. he didnt really want to do the redo.... now, my left side is higher than the right he said it will drop but what if it doesnt? what if scar tissue reforms?? what if I actually get pregnant again and they change... I so want a nipple to finally look normal.... but there are days when my 400 cc's are swallowed up by my body and I wish I had bigger ones. I do have a consult sched. with Dr. Brown but not till Sept...... I was so hoping to be done and move on..... ugh..... I dont for as econd regret the reconstruct I think I just wish so much that they looked like the "normal" gilrs on here it gets depressing.... ok i'll stop now...... sorry
re do March 24 05
400 cc coh gel under muscle..........
linda

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG Shady - don't be sorry!

Your post is honest and genuine! I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN.

You have every right to have your implants look as "normal" as possible.
(is there a normal???) I too am thinking about a re-do to release some of the scar tissue. I just want a second opinion kwim? If another PS tells me "what I've got is what I get" then I'll be content knowing that although I'll never have the look I'd really like, I have a look that I'm content with. It still beats the "other" look we had before our BA's and after our surgery!

We'll always be a little different sweetie, we'll be strong women, determined and focused on what's really important in life. We are still here to see loved ones and experience happiness.

I think you are incredible!
Your friend
Left Breast - 375 Cohesive Round Mentor
Right Breast - 225 Cohesive Round Mentor
BA date: Monday, October 20, 2003

Dr. Bendago
#6 in the silicone photo gallery
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.canadaba.ca Forum Index -> Breast cancer/reconstruction support section All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: