Welcome to canadaba.ca's message boards

MemberlistMemberlist  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Dr. Julie Khanna, Oakville

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.canadaba.ca Forum Index -> Patient recommendations for Dr. Julie Khanna, Oakville, Ontario
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mare

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:49 pm    Post subject: Dr. Julie Khanna, Oakville Reply with quote

I spent almost a full year here at canadaba.ca before I was ready to actually book any consultations. As suggested by most of the women on the forum, I booked three consultations to begin with hoping to really ?click? with one of them. Dr. Julie Khanna was the third plastic surgeon that I consulted with and although the previous two had been perfectly suitable, I knew absolutely that I wanted Dr. Khanna despite her being considerably further from my home.
My first impression was that the Institute of Cosmetic and Laser Surgery was beautifully designed and meticulously clean and professional. I was welcomed warmly and given very courteous consideration because of my extended driving times. During our first consultation, Dr. Khanna met with my husband and I and detailed exactly all the risks that go hand in hand with breast augmentation surgery. This was significant to me because of the amount of research I had already done. I already knew that this was not a decision to be taken lightly and I truly felt that Dr. Khanna was more concerned about a well-informed potential patient than booking another stat and gathering the surgical fees. I was also very comfortable with her perspective and felt that she could relate to my feelings about my breasts as another woman.
Once we got to the physical examination part, Dr. Khanna astounded me by suggesting overs with an areolar incision! From my research, this is what I was most interested in but had been told that it wasn?t really feasible for me by two other surgeons. Dr. Khanna was quite confident that this would be a good consideration but also reassured me that unders with a crease incision would yield excellent results too. I spent a lot of time going back and forth over this decision and she was very patient and informative the entire time. Her experience with cohesive gel implants and areolar incisions are extensive and she shared that she has been performing this approach for other surgeons who are also interested in building their skill and offering women more options.
During my sizing appointment, Dr. Khanna asked for an idea of what I wanted in terms of size and shape and made her suggestions with that in mind. She took measurements of my breasts and informed me of my personal height and width limitations. By the time I left this appointment, I had decided on Inamed cohesive gel anatomical extra-projection. As I was torn about size, she offered to order both the 255's and the 290's and I could decide by the day of the surgery.
Surgery day finally arrived and on arrival, my husband and I were shown into a waiting lounge separate from the regular waiting area. Dr. Khanna took me to prepare for surgery - from compression stockings and slippers to terrycloth robe. She made very thorough notes on my chest and shoulders about incision type, model and size. As we waited, we read through personalized photo albums of Dr. Khanna?s wedding (there was press coverage!), her volunteer overseas reconstructive surgery trips and thank you notes from actual patients. These were so genuine and touching that this greatly reassured me that I had chosen the right surgeon.
The nurses in the OR were very soothing and friendly. Despite the lack of make-up, unisex robe and very fashionable compression stockings they were complimenting my ?lovely? hair and telling me how envious they were! I was not nauseous at any time and was quite comfortable with the anti-inflammatory and pain medications that were prescribed for me.
I am now eight months post-op and so happy with my results. Dr. Khanna has given me a whole new sense of confidence and contentment with my body image and her surgical skills are absolutely the best! My areolar scars are almost invisible, I have no rippling or complications thus far and I am so happy that I had the option to have my implants placed over the muscle.
Yes I could have chosen a plastic surgeon with a slightly lower quote or who wasn?t as far away from my home or who would/could offer me minimal options in terms of implant type, placement or incision but I chose Dr. Julie Khanna and would do so again in a heartbeat! She is a truly gifted surgeon with a lovely personality, great sense of humour and a genuine understanding of why women consider and choose breast augmentation surgery.

Mare
PreBA-34-36 A
Nov.15/04,Dr. Khanna
290MX cohesives/overs/areolar
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To view Dr. Khanna's profile please go to
http://www.canadaba.ca/findsurgeon/khanna.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.canadaba.ca Forum Index -> Patient recommendations for Dr. Julie Khanna, Oakville, Ontario All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: